Donors are the heart and soul of the Taos Community Foundation. We act as a cornerstone connecting our donors with the community issues they care about. Our goal is help you achieve your philanthropic dreams either by giving with one of our established methods or with a personally tailored giving program.
To begin, ask yourself:
- What do I want to achieve? To give back to the community by creating an endowment? To support a favorite cause? To honor a loved one?
- How do I want to give? With a bequest? With cash, stock, real estate, retirement accounts or other assets?
- How much do I want to give?
Ways to give
- Start a fund – Many of our donors start their own fund to direct grants and work around their life’s passions. We house dozens of Donor Funds at the Foundation and would be happy to talk to you about your vision today.
- Give to an existing fund.
- Planned giving – Working in partnership with your professional financial, tax and estate planning advisors, we will design a gift planning strategy that support the organizations and causes you value now and into the future.
- Property donation – You may give by transferring real property or other assets to the Foundation.
Donor Bill of Rights
- Taos Community Foundation abides by the Donor Bill of Rights, created by the Giving Institute, Association for Healthcare Philanthropy, the Association of Fundraising Professionals, and the Council for Advancement and Support of Education. It’s a helpful guide to determine if you are being treated fairly and respectfully for your generous grants and contributions. Click Here to download the Donor Bill of Rights.
- For a copy of Taos Community Foundation’s Confidentiality Policy, please contact the Foundation office directly.