Leonard and Jane Lecht Legacy Scholarship
The Leonard and Jane Lecht Legacy Scholarship was established as a permanent fund in 2008. The annual scholarship award is available to one employee of the Taos Retirement Village for continuing education at an accredited institution of higher learning. Applicants must be currently employed by Taos Retirement Village, and for a minimum of at least six months. Applicants must also have worked an average of eighteen (18) hours per week during the 6 months preceding the application submittal.
The single award for 2022 is $800. The award will be paid to the educational institution towards the awardee’s educational costs.
- A current employee of Taos Retirement Village with a documented employment record of a minimum of 6 months, and no less than 18 hours as a regular work schedule during the most recent 6 months
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate
- Must attend an accredited program in the applicant’s chosen professional field
- The program may be an on-line course(s) provided it meets all accredited standards
- Scholarship will be awarded pending proof of 2022/23 School registration
- Priority will be given to a student applicant who is close to completing a program that would allow a higher level of credentialing or licensure
COMPLETED APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY August 31st @ 4:00 PM
Click Here to download the application
Click Here to download application instructions.
Selection & Award Process
Scholarship recipients will be selected through a competitive application process and may be invited for an interview with the committee as part of the selection process. A single award will be presented, as recommended by the Scholarship Committee and approved by the Foundation’s Board of Directors. Recipients must provide proof of course registration for the scholarship award to be processed. Checks will be mailed to the respective university/college financial aid office directly. No funds will be awarded directly to a student/scholar.