Women Give Taos 2022 – Grant Opportunity
Welcome to the 2022 Women Give Taos grant cycle. We are thrilled to be able to open this funding opportunity for organizations serving women and children in Taos and western Colfax Counties. Eligible Non Profit Organizations serving Women and Girls in Taos and western Colfax Counties are invited to apply for funding to support either an impactful and transformative project, or an enhancement of service proposal, meeting one of the WGT funding priorities (see below).
The Women Give Taos Grant funding opportunity will award one grant of $30,000.00.
You are eligible to apply if you meet the following criteria:
- Must serve Taos and/or western Colfax Counties.
- Tax-exempt under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code, are a public or governmental agency or a federally recognized tribe in the State of
New Mexico, or have a fiscal sponsor.
- Employ staff or volunteers and provide services without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.
- Be current with all State and Federal reporting requirements: In Good Standing with the IRS, NM Secretary of State, and NM Attorney General.
Applications must address one of the following funding priorities:
Life Skills /Employment, parenting, preparation and training
Access to Educational Opportunity
Emotional and physical health (including addiction and teen pregnancy)
Healthy development and personal authority of young girls
Violence – societal and domestic
The Grant Application must be completed online. You will first need to register in the Grant Application System by creating an account. We suggest creating your account well in advance of the deadline to avoid any last minute issues. At the time of registration, you are required to enter the following information:
- A username that is an email address (We suggest using an email address that is available to anyone at your organization who may need to access the information).
- Your contact information
- Your organization’s information, including the EIN/Tax ID number. (If you do not have a tax ID number, instructions for proceeding will be given online).
- Contact information for the organization’s Executive Officer
Applications must be submitted by April 10, 2022 at 5pm.
Applications will be reviewed by the WGT Grants Committee for funding consideration, and final grant award recommendations will be made to the Taos Community Foundation Board by the Women Give Taos Giving Circle membership.
Applicants selected for further consideration may receive a formal invitation to submit additional information, including a 2 minute video presentation describing their proposal.
Applicants will be notified of the final decision no later than June 20, 2021.
Applying for and/or receiving this Grant does not preclude application to other TCF funding opportunities. Please note, however, that organizations which have received the $30,000.00 Women Give Taos Award are ineligible to apply for the award in the year immediately following their award.
Funds should be expended within 12 months of the date of the award.
The proposal should clearly identify the WGT priority addressed in the application. In your answers to the questions in the application, please provide specific information on the way in which this grant award of $30,000.00 would allow your organization to develop a new project, or enhance your current activities, to directly address this priority.
Before you begin the application process, please be sure that you have collected all the documents listed in the Documentation Checklist below.
Once you begin the application process, you can save your form and return to it later. Remember to click “Submit Form” when you complete your online application. Note: Once the online application has been submitted, you will not be able to make any changes to it.
Once you have registered, your account dashboard is displayed on the screen every time you log in. From the dashboard you can do the following:
- Edit your contact information
- Begin the application process
- Access application drafts and submitted applications
Tutorials for assisting you with the application process can be accessed by clicking the links below:
Creating an Account Video Tutorial
Applying for a Grant Video Tutorial
Understanding the Applicant Dashboard
CLICK HERE for the Document Checklist and Online Application Tips:
(Have the checklist documents ready to upload, before applying.)
Connect with Us
Join our Online Newsletter and Like Us on Facebook to stay current with Taos Community Foundation news, updates, and announcements.
Sign Up today and Opt in to receive Nonprofit News & Updates from Taos Community Foundation. Be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book, so our emails will arrive in your inbox.
Like Taos Community Foundation today!