Fund for Taos Recovery Grant 2020
Taos Community Foundation is pleased to announce the Fund for Taos recovery grant funding opportunity.
In its first phase, from March to July, the Fund for Taos deployed $249,700 to local organizations on the front lines of the pandemic through rapid-relief grants.
In this second phase of funding, grants will be awarded to nonprofit organizations that are directly responding to the significant consequences of this crisis across our community in creative and collaborative ways, pivoting both their programmatic work and organizational management to enhance existing programming, develop new programming and otherwise meet the demands of this new situation.
Eligible applicants serving Taos and Western Colfax Counties are invited to apply for funding to support collaborative, impactful, and transformative work that significantly benefits our community in the recovery from the effects of the pandemic.
You are eligible to apply if you meet the following criteria:
- Must serve Taos and/or western Colfax Counties.
- Tax-exempt under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code, are a public or governmental agency or a federally recognized tribe in the State of New Mexico, or are submitting your application through an approved fiscal sponsor.
- Employ staff and provide services without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.
- Grants will not be made to individuals.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications received after November 25, 2020 will not be reviewed by committee until January, 2021.
Grant awards will range between $5,000.00 and $15,000.00. Funds should be expended within 12 months of the date of the award.
Having received funding from either the TCF 2020 Impact Taos Grant Cycle, the All Together New Mexico Fund or the Fund for Taos does not preclude applying for this funding opportunity, however, an organization may only receive funding once through this Recovery grant opportunity for a specific project or initiative.
Nonprofits are invited to apply for support for their work in one of the 6 areas of focus listed below, each identified as an area of critical need amidst the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Housing- may include, but is not limited to: homeless services, benefits navigation, cultural and language needs affordable housing, access to stable housing, community housing development plans.
- Education- may include, but is not limited to: access to technology, facilitating distance learning; reducing learning gaps, cultural and language needs development of curriculum, supplies, social emotional support, facilitating support for educators, out of school time provision, college and career preparedness for local populations
- Food Systems-may include but is not limited to: access to food, sustainable food production, streamlining and /or local food production and delivery, growing local food systems, food distribution systems.
- Behavioral Health- may include but is not limited to: access to mental health services, reducing child and family trauma/abuse, crisis intervention, case management, referrals, preventative healthcare; cultural and language needs, aging in community, programming development and delivery of specific populations mental wellness.
- Art and Culture- may include but is not limited to: access to programming, new program delivery, access to technology for program delivery, cultural and language needs enhancement of existing programming, collaborative programming.
- Non Profit/ Business Support- may include but is not limited to: training, access to technology, financial literacy, economic sustainability and stability, youth employment, community development
For details on COVID Response Grants to date, click here.
Applications will be reviewed by the Grants Committees for funding consideration, and grant award recommendations will be made to the Taos Community Foundation Board of Directors.
Applicants will be notified of receipt of applications, and funding decisions, by email.
Please do not upload any newsletters, photographs, or marketing materials or supplements to your submission.
The Grant Application must be completed online. If you do not already have one, you will first need to register in the Grant Application System by creating an account. If you already have an account, do not create another.
At the time of registration, you are required to enter the following information:
- A username that is an email address (We suggest using an email address that is available to anyone at your organization who may need to access the information).
- Your contact information
- Your organization’s information, including the EIN/Tax ID number. (If you do not have a tax ID number, instructions for proceeding will be given online).
- Contact information for the organization’s Executive Officer
Before you begin the application process, please be sure that you have collected all the documents listed in the Documentation Checklist below.
Once you begin the application process, you can save your form and return to it later. Remember to click “Submit Form” when you complete your online application. Note: Once the online application has been submitted, you will not be able to make any changes to it.
There are two application forms available. Please be sure you use the correct form. Fiscally Sponsored Organizations or Projects should apply using the Fiscally Sponsored Organization Application Form. Once you have registered, your account dashboard is displayed on the screen every time you log in. From the dashboard you can do the following:
- Edit your contact information
- Begin the application process
- Access application drafts and submitted applications
Tutorials for assisting you with the application process can be accessed by clicking the links below:
Click Here for a Printable Tutorial
Creating an Account Video Tutorial
Applying for a Grant Video Tutorial
Understanding the Applicant Dashboard
CLICK HERE for the Document Checklist and Online Application Tips:
(Have the checklist documents ready to upload, before applying.)
Connect with Us
Join our Online Newsletter and Like Us on Facebook to stay current with Taos Community Foundation news, updates, and announcements.
Sign Up today and Opt in to receive Nonprofit News & Updates from Taos Community Foundation. Be sure to add email@example.com to your address book, so our emails will arrive in your inbox.
Like Taos Community Foundation today!