In response to stay-at-home educational plans, we heard from educators that there were many “gaps”. TCF provided the following educational grants in an effort to address that gap:
10 Grants totaling $78,000
- Direct assistance to Local Schools $20,000 was leveraged with $30k in Taos Public Education Fund and solicited $50,000 in direct donor requests. A total of $100,000 will go out to 29 local schools.
- Grant to assist with volunteer background checks
- Infrastructure / System CoordinationTaos Municipal Schools –support for unmet technology needs
- Twirl –Community Mask Gathering project
- Taos Education and Career Center (TECC) –
- Mountain Home Health Care –dissemination of educational/preventionmaterials related to COVID and Flu
For more information see the full Grant Presentation linked here.